The Cosmetics Forum Forum Index
The Cosmetics Forum
The Cosmetics Forum is the place for skin care, hair care, makeup and other beauty product discussion.
Reply to topic
eed to terms with the Los Ang
q123

PITTSBURGH -- When Jim Rutherford arrived in Pittsburgh in the summer of 2014, he figured hed be around two or three years tops. Its one promise the general manager is happy to break.The Penguins signed Rutherford to a new three-year contract Friday just two weeks removed from the franchises fourth Stanley Cup, one that had Rutherfords fingerprints all over it.Everything Jim said he was going to do from the first interview we talked to him, hes accomplished, president and CEO David Morehouse said.The Penguins lured the 67-year-old Rutherford to Pittsburgh two years ago and tasked him with overhauling a talented but underachieving roster. He rebuilt the team on the fly around stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.After a bumpy start in 2014-15 -- which ended with a meek first-round playoff exit against the New York Rangers -- the Penguins took off last December after Rutherford fired coach Mike Johnston and replaced him with Mike Sullivan.Youre not going to walk right in and figure that out, Rutherford said. After my first year here, I had a very good handle on how it works.Rutherford made a series of moves focused on depth and speed, bringing in forwards Phil Kessel, Nick Bonino, Carl Hagelin, Eric Fehr and Matt Cullen along with defenseman Trevor Daley. Over half of Pittsburghs goals during the run to the Stanley Cup (40 of 73) were scored by players acquired by Rutherford.I like to build with balance throughout the lineup, Rutherford said. Pressure is going to build on your star players but ... if you can get those guys in your third and fourth lines winning games for you, youre well on your way to having a good team.Rutherford is the first general manager of the expansion era (post-1967) to lead multiple franchises to championships. He was in Carolina when the Hurricanes won their only Cup in 2006 but had moved to a different role when Pittsburgh reached out after firing Ray Shero in 2014. He declined to speculate on whether this latest deal will be his last. He will be 70 when it expires in 2019.When I stepped down in Carolina, I thought that was it, Rutherford said. Now its a few more years. For a lot of years people have asked me (how long) Im going to do this. Most of the guys that ask me, Ive outlasted them all.Pittsburgh was otherwise quiet during the opening day of free agency, signing forward Tom Sestito and defenseman Steve Olesky and Stuart Percy to two-way contracts. The team also added defensemen Cameron Gaunce, Chad Ruhwedel and David Warsofsky.Two familiar faces, however, left the Penguins. Defenseman Ben Lovejoy signed with New Jersey, and backup goaltender Jeff Zatkoff agreed to terms with the Los Angeles Kings. Cullen, who just completed his 19th year by winning his second Cup, is considering coming back for another season. Adidas Nmd For Sale Cheap . Ibaka equaled a career high with 20 rebounds, adding four blocked shots and 15 points as the Thunder smothered the Milwaukee Bucks offence in a 92-79 victory Saturday night. NMD Adidas For Sale . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early. http://www.adidasnmdshoesforsale.com/ . -- Yogi Ferrell orchestrates pretty much everything in Indianas offence. Mens Adidas Shoes Nmd . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and foot injuries. Adidas Nmd Sale . Its 1987 and a Brazilian playmaker, known as Mirandinha, is being paraded around St James Park to the passionate Newcastle fans.ATLANTA -- Bryce Harper hopes to begin running and hitting next week and come off the disabled list the first day he is eligible. But Harper acknowledged Sunday that his injured left knee had not improved yet. Harper was placed on the 15-day DL on Saturday, retroactive to May 27, with bursitis in his left knee. Harper said, "I feel all right," before adding: "Its still swollen and crappy. Im just trying to get treatment and see if the swelling will go down." Nationals manager Davey Johnson said Saturday the team would not have placed Harper on the disabled list if the outfielder was close to being ready to play. Harper said he would have tried to play through the injury in a more critical stage of the season. "If were in September, October, Im going to play," he said. "I wouldnt be sitting down right now. Its one of those things, youve got to be smart about what you do and just try to come in every day and get better." He is eligible to come off the disabled list June 11, when the Nationals open a series at Colorado. The knee has bothered Harper since he crashed into the wall May 13 against the Los Angeles Dodgers. He confirmed Sunday he aggravvated the injury with a head-first slide into third base against the Phillies on May 25.dddddddddddd "Thats when it got very puffed up and then it got bad," he said. He said he wont let the risk of injury affect his style of play. "Thats just the way I play," he said. "I want to go out there and give 110 per cent to these fans and myself. I want to look myself in the mirror and tell myself, Hey, you gave your all today and yeah, youre 0-for-4, that happens. A good day on the field is going 110 per cent, working hard, running everything out and doing things the right way." Harper missed five straight games before being placed on the DL. Harper was asked Sunday if he is concerned his aggressive style will make it difficult for him to have a long career. "The way I work in the off-season, the way I work and get ready for my season, I think Im not prone to have a shorter career," he said. "I think Im going to play this game for 20 years, and I dont care what anyone says." The Nationals hope to have outfielder Jayson Werth come off the 15-day disabled list Tuesday. He has been out with a right hamstring injury since May 3. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Publicité
Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
eed to terms with the Los Ang